Sensible management of natural resources
- Solar panels have been installed, which will produce approximately 100% of our electricity consumption. We aim to be completely independent from the power grid.
Reducing food waste
- Raising clients’ awareness towards more flexibility regarding size and commercial appearance of the products;
- Tightly controling stocks aiming at eliminating excessive purchases that lead to waste;
- Controlling the cold chain, both internally and with the carriers, so as to maximise the life cycle of the products, combining scientific knowledge and decades of empirical experience;
- Waste-not culture. This means that any fruit deemed unsuitable for the market (for aesthetic reasons, for example) but is suitable for consumption is donated, thus avoiding waste.
Reducing non-recyclable material until it is completely eliminated
- Eliminating coloured PET packaging;
- Eliminating expanded polystyrene packaging;
- Increased use of cardboard as opposed to plastic, preferably with a percentage of recycled material in its content;
- Increased use of FSC-certified cardboard;
- Separating and recycling cardboard and plastic.